Creative Writing Minor
Minor designed for students interested in fiction, poetry, and/or creative nonfiction professionally of for personal fulfillment.
1. WRT 105 or WRT 110 is the prerequisite for all Creative Writing courses.
2. No repetition of courses is allowed, with the exception of ENG 378: Creative Writing: Special Topics.
3. As a way of introducing themselves to Creative Writing from a broader perspective and exploring various genres in which they might wish to write, students are encouraged to take ENG 265 Introduction to Creative Writing: A Survey of Forms to fulfill 3 credits of the 6-credit Skill Area I requirement in General Education.
Requirements (18 credits):
Students are required to take:
1. At least two of the following Level One courses:
2. At least one of the following Level Two courses:
3. WRT 486 Creative Writing Capstone Seminar
4. Electives from the following list to make a total of at least 18 credits in the minor:
Total Credit Hours: 18