Advanced Official Certificate Program in Professional Counseling
The Advanced Official Certificate Program (OCP) in Professional Counseling is designed for practicing counselors who already hold a master’s degree in counseling or related field and are preparing for state licensure as a Professional Counselor through the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health or national Certification as a Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC). A certificate in advanced graduate work in Professional Counseling is issued upon completion of a combination of up to 30 credits of selected 500-level courses, with a grade of B or better, designed for the certificate program. In addition, the OCP offers an 18-credit Gerontology Counseling specialization track for practicing counselors.
Admission criteria for the Advanced Official Certificate Program in Professional Counseling:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education and a Master's degree in counseling or related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an minimum graduate cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Completion of the application process: Students must formally apply to Graduate Admissions by completing the application form, paying the non refundable application fee of $50 and having official transcripts for each course taken sent by each previously attended University (excluding CCSU) directly to Graduate Admissions
- Three current professional recommendations
- Written essay - description of student's motivation for advanced graduate study, past experience and future professional goals
- Interview with program faculty
Instructions for uploading the recommendations and essay will be found within the online graduate application.
Gainful Employment Disclosure: Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program.