Creative Writing Minor
1. ENG 110, or 105 and 105P, or equivalent is the prerequisite for all Creative Writing courses.
2. A minimum of one course apiece is required in Creative Nonfiction, Fiction, and Poetry.
3. No repetition of courses is allowed, with the exception of ENG 378: Creative Writing: Special Topics.
4. Students will be better served if they take a full sequence of three courses in poetry, fiction or creative
nonfiction, but are not required to do so. The three tracks are listed below, with courses for each track
listed in the sequence in which they would be taken, with the prerequisite and cycling information, so as
to facilitate advanced planning.
5. As a way of introducing themselves to Creative Writing from a broader perspective and exploring various
genres in which they might wish to write, students are encouraged to take ENG 265 Introduction to
Creative Writing: A Survey of Forms to fulfill 3 credits of the 6-credit Skill Area I requirement in General
Requirements (18 credits):
A minimum of 18 credits selected from:
|ENG 371||Creative Writing: Fiction I||
|ENG 372||Creative Writing: Fiction II||
|ENG 484||Advanced Fiction Workshop||
Total Credit Hours: 18