A minor, a secondary field of study, is required for certain majors. Students who complete an Associate's Degree at a Connecticut Community College may be eligible to have the minor requirement waived if the Associate's Degree is in a major different than their current major, is not in general or liberal studies, and contains at least 18 credits of appropriately related coursework that is not being applied toward the CCSU major.  Students who meet these conditions may apply to the Dean of their school for a waiver of the minor requirement.

No minor is required for students completing a double major. Although minor requirements and exceptions to that requirement are specifically noted in the individual program listing, students should consult with their advisors regarding the requirement of a minor.