Advanced Official Certificate Program in Superintendent of Schools
The program is designed for educational professionals seeking certification as a School District Superintendent (093). The core program consists of three courses on theory, research, and practice (EDL 681, EDL 682, and EDL 683) and two courses on district level practices (EDL 695 and EDL 696). Candidates complete 15 semester hours as mandated by State Department of Education. Courses to be approved by advisor are dependent on students prior coursework.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education and a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a minimum graduate cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale.
- An established record of successful service in a leadership position that requires the Connecticut Intermediate Administrator Certification (092) for a least three school years
- Program Interview
Additional Materials Required:
- Copy of 092 certificate
- A brief letter of recommendation from the candidate's current superintendent
- Contact information for two additional professional references
- A personal statement (not to exceed two pages)
The admissions application, application fee, and official transcripts (expect CCSU) are to be submitted to the Graduate Recruitment and Admissions office. Additional materials are to be sent to academic department.
All application materials for admissions must be received by April 15th.